My family

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Overwhelmed!

Our lives are busy at the best of times with all the kids day to day things, work and keeping up the house.  This month has just been crazy!  I'm really starting to feel the toll this month has taken on me, I just want to be alone and do nothing for awhile.


I've been busy at work trying to get the year ends for two companies ready for the accountants aside from doing the payables, the payroll, and getting the Lodge's paperwork in order for the sale of the company.  Our house has been turned upside down for the past two weeks.  Last year we had our basement finished but ran out of money to get the basement stairs and a few little things finished down there.  Finally we've been able to go ahead and get the stairs done, and it's looking wonderful but it's been crazy at the house with a workman here trying to work while Ian has his IBI therapy going on down there every morning from Monday to Friday and with Curtis home everyday with Lyla.  Ian has been very hard to manage because it's upsetting his usual routine and of course all the power tools around are really fun for him to play with........climbing up on the table saw!  Ian has also been actively trying to bolt from the house and we've had to put locks up high on all the outside doors.  Plus since the stairs finally has carpet on them, Lyla now likes to climb them so I guess a baby gate is in order.  Aside from that, it has been crazy trying to keep the house clean.  Dust everywhere!  Downstairs is now our living area, the tv is there and a big sitting area and all the kids toys are down there so it's just been hard to relax at all.


Aside from that we had Mother's Day this month, and my mother's birthday.  I was really happy to celebrate both events and happy to get a manicure and pedicure gift certificate from Curtis.  Then last weekend we had the fundraising softball tournament held for Ian.  It was a wonderful day on Saturday and I was overjoyed with the support from volunteers.  It was just really busy the week leading up to that because we were fundraising and trying to get door prizes donated from local businesses.  Plus, I played my first 3 softball games ever and boy was I sore on Sunday!


Now I'm getting ready to go to Newfoundland next Monday with mom, Lyla and Amy.  I'm really looking forward to the trip since it'll be a break for me from all that's happening here.  Even though it'll be busy with the two girls at least it's a change and I won't have to think too much.....I hope!  The problem is trying to think and do everything I need to do at work and at home for us to go for a week......argh!


On top of all of that, I'm also switching Ian to another daycare.  At his current daycare the Owner has been particularly difficult to deal with lately.  Since we required them to have a Special Needs Assistant for Ian at the daycare for 4 hours a day during the afternoons three days a week she's been very stringent on the times he's there.  She's getting paid by the government for the SNA plus I'm paying for his spot in daycare out of my own pocket yet she'll only let him be there from 12-4pm so I have had to leave work early to pick him up.  She wouldn't let him stay for another hour without an SNA plus when Ian's tutor went to drop him off one afternoon the owner made her wait out in the car with him for 5 minutes because they were early!  So now a new daycare has opened in Montague and we're switching on May 31st, the day I'm going to Newfoundland so I have to make sure everything is in order there.


I'm sorry about all the ramblings here but I just needed to download all of this, I just feel like I'm wound up so tightly with all the stuff I need to deflate.


Just breathe!

3 comments:

  1. It will calm down again...don't worry.

    MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the child care transition. :) Glad to see you were able to find a centre to meet the needs of your family and not their own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully you'll have a relaxing trip to NL - you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete