My family

Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy Birthday to my Wonderful Mother!

I struck gold when I was born to my mother.  God knew that I'd need a strong woman like her to lean on when I was weak and needed guidance.  So many battles she's fought on my behalf to get me through school, to get me through Diabetes, to get me through marriage, child birth and divorce.  How can I ever show my gratitude to someone who's done everything for me without ever been asked?

When my first marriage failed and I was left with nothing, had no home, no money and a child to raise, she was there for me, gave me a home, did everything they could to supplement me so that I wouldn't have to live on welfare.  I often thought to myself, "why is she doing this, I didn't ask for this".  She could've just let me go and fend for myself as best as I could, but she didn't.  She knew if she had the means to help then she wouldn't see me and my baby do without, struggle for grocery money, rent and to put gas in the car.

She dragged me out of a dark hole more than once and never ever turned her back on me.  No matter how much she didn't like what I did, she never gave up on me.  She knew I was better than the life I was living and helped me to see that life can be good if you just let it be.

I love you mom!  I would not be where I am today if it weren't for you helping me to get here.  I appreciate everything you do for me and my family and I hope I never take advantage of you.  I only pray that I can be half the mother to my children as you were to me and that you know how much of a blessing you are to our family.

Happy Birthday and thank you!

3 comments:

  1. Now you're really making me cry.Love you always.You were always a good girl..always believe in yourself,you are much stonger than you think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lesley.... what a great tribute to your Mother... is there any wonder why she knew you would be all that you could be if you just believed in yourself....our job is not to tell you how to live your life, it is to help guide you with the knowalge you have gained...good..bad..or indefferent....and then hope you take the best path....and you have such a wonderful family to count on ..some people or not so lucky...love how you write with your heart Lesley ...and I agree you have a wonderful Mother..you are blessed...Noella

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can pretty well say "ditto" to that!! Mom is what you read about, that mothers are supposed to be. She is all that and more!!
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete