June 6, 2012
In red I will give you an update of what Ian used to do back in 2008 and what he does or doesn't do presently.
October 8, 2008
- When playing with cars he lies on the floor and watches the wheels. Yesterday he turned the car over and started to spin on of the wheels.
Ian doesn't do this anymore.
- Hardly knows any words - Mama, Dada, Kitty, Go, Nana.
Ian knows a long list of words now and can speak 5-7 word sentences. He's still very quiet and sometimes needs coaxing.
- Doesn't tell me what he wants, doesn't point to things
He's still not a big pointer but he will tell us what he wants.
- Makes strange noises which he'll repeat all day.
Doesn't do this anymore, talks more instead. Plus he likes to sing songs like ABC's and Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.
- Hardly plays with toys, would rather get into the fridge, stove or cupboard.
Ian loves playing with his Ipad, Wii games, still plays with trains and no longer gets into the stove, will get into the fridge and cupboard but only to take out his snacks or drinks.
- Loves climbing things especially stairs.
He's still a climber, not as bad as before but we have to watch him around the house.
- Very picky eater, texture of foods can turn him off will only drink milk or Apple Juice.
Still a very picky eater, he'll eat toast with jam, waffles with syrup, rice krispie squares, and sometimes Kraft dinner. He does eat more at daycare.
- Loves fans, elevators and anything with buttons to push
He doesn't stare at the fans anymore, still will push buttons if they're around but what kid doesn't?
- Keeps shutting the doors down hallway. (Makes sure they're always shut)
Doesn't care about the doors anymore, but will shut himself into his quiet room with his Ipad if we're making too much noise.
- Doesn't respond to name very often. Could be standing right in front of him telling him something and he completely ignores me.
Ian doesn't ignore his name anymore although he won't say "what", but it does get his attention. He's always listening even when we think he's not.
- When excited he rolls his hands and pats his ears.
He doesn't do this anymore, but will flap his hands if aggrivated.
November 16, 2008
- Doesn't like to be restrained or held but likes to be touched. Likes you to rub his head, tickle him or just rub his legs or feet.
What kid likes to be restrained? We only do it if we need to get medicine in him or needs something for the doctor. He gives kisses and hugs but only when asked.
- Watches fans, turns lights on and off, open and closes cupboard doors repetitively.
Again, not obsessed.
- Looks out the corners of his eyes and shakes his head back and forth.
Doesn't do this anymore.
- Will put things on the floor, sippy cub or soothers and do circles around them.