My family

Friday, August 20, 2010

A Night Without Ian

After my depressing posting yesterday, my sister phoned me up and offered to take Ian for the night and today.  Today I agreed to let Curtis go golfing for the first time this year with his good friend that he hardly sees anymore.  I was stressing about being left home alone today with all the three kids by myself because Ian himself is a handful and is always trying to escape the house.

There hasn't been very many nights that I've gone without seeing my boy.  It's strange coming home and not having to chase him around to get him ready for bed.  It's also strange to sleep till 8:30am and not be jotled out of bed by the sound of thumping on Ian's bedroom door as he lays there and kicks it trying to get our attention.  It's also very nice to be able to wake up and have breakfast and not have to watch the doors to make sure they are latched so that Ian won't escape during the busy morning hour.

It's a mini break for us to just have two of our children, but even though it is nice now, I still miss him.  He's a busy boy but he's so sweet and lets us know in his own way how much he loves us.  I'll enjoy this day while it lasts and hope that I get more of these mini breaks in the future.....it's very refreshing!

2 comments:

  1. Love you...glad you had a little break.

    mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will take him some more in the near future!! We all love you and will do what we can to help!!

    Tracy

    ReplyDelete