My family

Friday, April 16, 2010

In the beginning

When I was a little girl all I ever wanted to be was a mother. I had no visions of becoming the first woman on Mars, no dreams of becoming a doctor or lawyer, to go off and make my parents proud. All I ever wanted was simply to be a mom and the rest, whatever that would be, would be a bonus.


At eleven years old I was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes and started on shots of insulin right away. My mother being a nurse knew full well all the problems that could arise in my life with this diagnosis but sheltered me from all the harsh details. She did her best to follow the dr's orders, my diet and brought me everywhere she went. Then her and my sister went to see Steel Magnolias and forbade me to ever see it and said that I was to never have babies and that my sister would carry my children for me when I got married. A couple of years later when they weren't looking I finally rented that movie and watched it on my own. If you didn't see it and now want to, have tissues handy!

Of course I was a defiant little thing and never really thought I'd let my sister have my children. At the tender age of 20 I got married to a man in the military and by 22 I was pregnant. This is the beginning of my mom story. I will write in another post more details of my previous pregnancies and birth experiences plus the issues we are going through as a family today.

I love my kids, they're my life and even though they each have their problems and we have so far to go, I know deep in my heart we'll be okay.

Stay posted!

3 comments:

  1. Lesley
    you are blessed with a wonderful family who support you all the way.. Problems are only obstacles to overcome..you will do well....

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a beautiful lady and have a wonderful spirit. May God's blessing be upon you and your lovely family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Wilson and Winnie. I've already overcome so many obstacles and those have strengthend me to be the person I am today. I know these obstacles before me are there for a reason and I'll get through them.

    ReplyDelete